8.20.2007

I thought I graduated...

Yesterday was a bit irritating for me because I had to get my brother school supplies. He needed a backpack, some binders, and some pens. No biggie. I could not believe the insanity in the back to school department. All I kept thinking was, "I thought I graduated...why I am I still dealing with this bullshit?" I figure, by the time I have kids that need school supplies, I will have had 10 years of leisurely non-school supply shopping. But alas, no.

So my mom, who normally takes my brother to school, is out of town with her friends and couldn't take him. I was then held responsible for getting him to school on time this morning. And wouldn't you know it, the entire Riverview drop-off was all fucked up. The way they had it set up (which I didn't learn until after two cops gave me the mean cop face) is that drop-offs would have to come from Proctor, south onto Lords. Totally idiotic. Then, seniors who had a parking space, would have to go north on Lords, and thus pull into the massive concrete depression they call a parking lot. Completely silly. And I was supposed to know about all these new rules? When was I told? Not ever. So fucking stupid. So then I had a cop yell at me to only take Proctor to drop my little brother off, and some grumpy old lady with her hands on her hips yell at me for pulling over to the side of the road to let Bryan out of the car. I told her to blow it out her ass. The fact is, the piece of grass that connects from the ditch to the road, is not HER property, and really, what the fuck?! Does she not have anything better to do? If it is such a big deal, why didn't she sell the damn house back in '06 before the market bottomed out? If you can't put up with teenagers being dropped off in front of your house every morning, then you need to move. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that Riverview is constructing a new building and all, but geez louise, you'd think they could've thought of another way to handle the whole "drop-off/pick-up" situation. Our tax dollars at work.

Bryan is gonna have to start riding his bike, I guess. I did think of an alternative though so that I don't have to get yelled at nor go out of my way. I could drop off my brother right before the school's new concrete garden. Then just make a three point turn at the end of the street and go back the way I came. Makes sense to me. He could use the exercise anyhow.

No comments: