10.04.2006

A spark of Inspiration

I dunno if anyone else I know really likes "Project Runway" like I do. Except maybe my mom, but she doesn't count because sewing has been her career for, I think, 20 years. So anyway, I watch the show because my mother being a Tailor, fashion and garment design have always piqued my intrest.

Now, I am not going to say I can sew. I can't. If I wanted to put in a button, make a hem, or sew two pieces together, then yes, I am able. However, I do not consider that sewing. Therefore I have a desire to learn to sew. WELL.

One of the more prominent reasons is the problem of not being able to find garments that I want. I have a MASSIVE list of what I consider essential pieces I want in my wardrobe. But, because I can't find the right things in the store, I figure it best to just make them. Who knows...perhaps learning all the in's and out's of my little black Singer will help me to learn some patience.

So, I bet you're wondering what I want to make...yes? Well, here's a short list:
1.)A black velvety vest with a forgiving bust and a generous lapel.
2.)A bunch of ornate waist cincher belts.
3.)A basic black and a lepard print pencil skirt.
4.)Hats. Really funky, unique, and sexy hats.
5.)A 1950s springy cotton dress with a princess neckline.
6.)A high waisted(but not high in the crotch) pant
7.)A men's style suit, but with feminine detailing (hopefully in lavender)
8.)Shorts. I never have ever found ones that fit like I want them to.
9.)Purses galore! Need I say more?
10.)A pea coat. I don't need one in Florida, but I want one. For the two cold days.
11.)A super sexy empire-waist sophisticated/slutty dress, like Jay from season 1.
12.)A sexy outter-wear corset. Just because...
13.)A hoodie. I hate the ones that they have at A&E and Old Navy. I want a long one.
14.)A couture gown. Hahaha. In purple.With lots of beading. Because I want to die slowly.
15.)A dress that could be a wedding gown. But in really super bright blue.

Now, I must put it out there that I am completely out of my mind. In fact, I probably tackle the last 5 for some of my first projects because I am that bonkers. But hey, it could be worse.

So, if this happens, I will be sure to post pictures on Myspace. However, this may not be for some time, as I am waiting for my mom to clean out her sewing room enough to set up my machine. Then I can become, Mimi: the mad fashion scientist!Muah-ha-ha!

Oh, and I hope Micheal Knight wins.

No comments: