10.08.2006

Hi-ho! Something to do in this town-o!

Stefan and I are going to be celebrating our 2 year anniversary November 8th. I am trying my best to knit him some black fingerless gloves as one of his presents(he arlready is aware of this) and I am super frustrated with it. I tried double-points, I tried strait needles...I am at my wits end. This project is a headache, but I will do it, because it's what he wants.

Therefore, I am taking a break to try to collect myself. In today's paper is a list of upcoming festivals and sort for Sarasota and various counties. These are the ones I'm going to try to attend:

Oct.20-22 and 28-29: Hunsader Farms is having their big hoorah with punkin'patch and hayride. Go to www.hunsaderfarms.com for more info.
Oct.28-29: the 12th annual Downtown SRQ Fall Craft Festival will take place on Main Street. Go to www.artfestival.com
Nov.11-12 and 18-19:The MEDIEVAL FAIR! Since the old fogeys at the RIngling museum kicked the awesome fair out of their grounds, this fair has been relocated to several different spots. This year, it'll take place at the Bradenton Hunsader Farm. I dress up every year! Can't wait! Go to www.sarasotamedievalfair.com to buy tickets and find out more.
Dec.9:The Sarasota Christmas Boat Parade. I am not sure if I'll be attending this one, but it is really nice if you can keep warm.
Jan.14: Arts Day! Downtown and Bayfront. Go to www.sarasota-arts.org
Jan.20th and 27th:GASPARILLA!!! We have been wanting to go for 15 years running and this is the first time it has been metioned before-hand in the newspaper. We'll definately dress up for this one! The 20th will be the family-friendly parade and the 27th will be the boobs-for-beads extravaganza! Log onto www.gasparillapiratefest.com to get directions.
Feb.3-4: Seista Key Crafts Fair. Walk around, look at peoples stuff. It's a great day! In the Siesta Village area.
Feb.8-19: The Florida State Fair. I am almost positive I won't go to this one, but I know many who would want to know about it. Go to floridastatefair.com for directions. At the Fair Grounds in Tampa, next to the ampitheatre.
Mar.1-11:Plant city's annual Strawberry Festival! last time we went we had a blast. You can get strawberry shortcake for super cheap, and I recommend trying a fried twinkie with Strawberries on top. Yummm! Check out flstrawberryfestival.com
Mar.16-25: If Tampa is too far, the Sarasota County Fair is good for you! Located at Robarts, you can find out more at www.sarasotafair.com
Apr.13-22: Sarasota Film Fest. I went to one film last year. It was okay. I think that if you live here, you should experience it at least once. sarasotafilmfest.com has more...
Apr.21-22: Siesta Fiesta! Ocean Blvd, Siesta Village. Pretty cool.

Let's face it--this stupid county plans everything around the snowbird season, and though uncool as it may be, we should at least take advantage of it. When season is over, I highly recommend going to some things that are out ofyour routine. The Asolo
is expensive, but worth it. Go to Selby, the Municipal Auditorium, and the Towles Court Art walk(which, by the way is every third thursday of the month.) We SRQ kids need to stick together to keep boredom at bay. I'll try to keep ya'll posted if I hear about any other events that could be worth checking out.

Now, I'll try to get back to those gloves...

No comments: