10.16.2006

Looking down the road.

As of late, I have been a bit aggitated with school. I feel in many ways that I am not being challenged in ways that I wish to be. I have a few issues with staying at MCC. I want to be around people who are like-minded, rather than these Venice-hicks. I want to feel a sense of belonging at school, a sense of positive pressure. I am getting neither. My psych teacher is awful, I have a class during the lecture series that I want to go to, and I have a psycho in one of my classes. However, I am looking at my options, and it appears as though I am going to have to remain here until next summer.

I e-mailed the transfer advisor at New College, to see what she thought of my transferring there. She recommend that I stay at MCC and get "caughtup" with my math courses. She also said that their lowest level math class was calculus. Their LOWEST. So now I am looking at what I must do to transfer to New College.

I could stay at MCC in the spring, and take the remedial Algebra class, the lab that goes along with it, a developmental psych class, and one other course to make me full-time. Then, in the summer, take a statistics class, and another math class. I hate math, but if that's what I have to do to go to New College, so be it.

Here's the catch: I might still have to take a statistics class at New College, and I my have to repeat some topics in psychology as well (though the advisor could work with me on this). I really like New College, and I think I would be really happy with my classmates and the faculty. I will be making an appointment to visit the campus, hopefully this week, and maybe it will motivate me to do really well.

Until then, the weather is getting colder, and spring is looking farther, and father away. Summer? I can't even imagine.

No comments: