2.06.2006

Taxi!

Momma and Daddy bought me a car yesterday! I am so excited about it, because I have been waiting for my first car for a long time. They keep telling me that I need to shop around for car insurance, but I don't really know what to say. I mean, do I just say, "Um, I need a quote..."? Because I don't want to be waiting around for hours for some weirdo to get their butt on the computer, log my information in, and give me an approximation. That just seems silly.

Owning a car is like having a new freedom. I no longer will have to work around everyone else's schedules just to go shopping, or see a movie, or whatever it is I want to do. I know Bryan will probably really want me to take him everywhere. I guess I can't blame him. And besides, I will enjoy taking him to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will probably still ride the bus to school and back. There is no reason why I should put miles and miles on my car and spend a boat-load of money on gas. I don't even like the idea of using gas. I wish they'd come out with an alternative soon...but knowing my luck, it'd be too expensive. Oh,well. This car is great because I know that I can finally take Stefan places, instead of him driving ME everywhere. To take my own bad self to Target is gonna be great! And, Daddy won't have to stay up until 10:30 just to bring me home.

Other than my new car, I am finding more and more that I am really liking the idea of moving in with Stefan. Saturday I was too tired to go home, so I called Momma and she said it would be okay for me to spend the night. For some reason, he and I both half-woke up, and I rolled over and kissed him. It was so great to know that the man I love was right there beside me. Periodically we'd put our arms around each other and embrace for a few minutes, before rolling back over again. I love him, and I love the idea of waking up next to him every morning. I do wish that we'd marry first, but we're young, and living together first is the best plan. Bryan is so funny, because he says to me, "Mimi, I wish you and Stefan would get married already, so I can call him my brother-in-law, instead of my sister's boyfriend." Bryan hasn't been wrong about any of my boyfriends yet. I know that if we want to be together, i will have to make sacrifice, and live up north for him. But Stefan would do the same for me if I asked him to. Life takes us in many different directions. We need to be aware that we must sometimes go with it, even if it means giving up something. We're both still very young and nieve about the world, but in time we will grow and mature--and we will do our best to grow and mature together. Love like ours is too strong to force things. We must let things come as they may, and God will take care of us. I have never once felt God to be mad about our relationship--any of it. God wants us to be together, and that is why I went to Riverview. It is why I got sick with Mono. It's why he and I have been together for a year. He's so good to me, and I am good to him. We still have a long way to go, but I know we'll get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you that you got a car from your parents, honey. I bet it must be a great feeling to finally have one at last.. one that is your own and that you can do whatever you wish with. It's a very nice one! It is so roomy on the inside, I am glad to have so much space for my legs, yet it looks just the right size on the outside. As for car insurance, I suppose you can look online and try to get quotes there as well, as that is more convenient and you don't have to wait for someone else to input all of your info.. That or you can call them over the phone as well. But you probably know all this.
That is nice of you to take Bryan to school when you can, as well as other places. I am sure he will have lots of time with his sister. I think that riding the bus to school and back is a wise idea, as it will prolong the life of your car and you will save so much on your gas. I spend about $20 every 4 days or so going to school and back. And then again I am also putting countless numbers of miles on the car. The bus sounds a whole lot cheaper. Now, I wonder where you are going to take me with that car of yours! :)
I am excited to hear you are becoming more serious about moving in with me. I think that is the next logical step in our relationship, so that we can discover more about each other and see what spending the rest of our lives together would be like. I am sure we will get along together great, but it is nice to find out whether one of us dislikes some of the other's household habits. It also gives us a chance to work things out now and get used to each other. I really loved it when we woke up in the middle of the night and you kissed me... that made me so happy to be alive and made me love you even more. It was one of the best things I've experienced in my lifetime so far.
As for the sacrifices, I am sure we will both have to make some, but I do not want you to make sacrifices just for me. Also, I am not sure where we will end up... I would love to stay as close to my family as possible, but I am not sure where I will be able to get a good job yet. It is not definite that I will need to move north. Let's keep all options open, and of coure I will also want your input and will always respect it. I hope you do not feel like it is all about me. If we go anywhere it will need to be both of us that wants to go there. I am glad to hear you love me and respect me so much that you would do that for me.. You are very kind. And that is one of the many reasons why I love you.