1.06.2006

An Elegant Hippie

So I have been desribed by one of my guardian angels as being an "elegant hippie". Which she then described how I am "elegant because I can do all of the fun, girly stuff... but am as earthy as the ground we walk on." I think it's very true. My style is either very professional and put-together, or bohemian and earthy. But not just that--I think that way too. On the one hand I can be rational, logical, and determined. On the other, I am free-spirited, open-minded, and free flowing. I love that I can be both, because it gives me an edge.

Speaking of which, I began classes at MCC today. How thrilling it was to be treated like a human! But not just that, the professers strongly believe in the minds of their students... we are expected to think on own. And how refreshing it was to have a one hour luch period! I worked on a purple purse ( to match my hair ) for 50 minutes, and it was sooo peaceful to sit on the Student Union couches, and watch the ducks in the lake, and the geese flying around. It is a very wonderful little place to spend my luch period. I am very much looking forward to warmer weather, as I will surely knit outside and see if I can spot an alligator!
All of my teachers are completely different from one another, but I like all of them. I think I will enjoy all of my classes, because I feel like it's worth staying awake for. I am sure I shall enjoy my philosophy class very much, as well as my speech class. And to have three classes in the same building is wonderful! The classrooms in that building surround the library; I am sure to spend a lot of time there!
But I must say, I feel like a child in all my classes! There are people in their mid-20s and even thirties who are students! How funny, though, that I felt like I was of equal (and surprisingly) sometimes higher intellect of them! I feel so free, yet I don't feel like I have just been thrown out there...I don't know how anyone could sit through four years of regular high school.

How appropriate it seems, that an elegant hippie go to college. I am focused and I am free!

No comments: