1.10.2006

Dorthy's Punk-Rock Big Sis

I am really inspired to create. My momentary inspiration is sparkly shoes- like Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz, except in Lime Green or Flaming Flamingo Pink. Yeah, Purple-haired girl + glitter + cheap-o shoes + ModPodge = big mess . However, the end result is very likely to be of total fabulosity! Besides, this is why we have the buisness section of the newspaper-- to clean up glitter messes! Yayhooray!

And, for those of you who are not quite as inspired, might I suggest keeping a "Big Idea Journal"? Yes, my dears, I have one... I won't share what in it, but I will say it helps me make room in my mind for more important things-like where I left my security sweater. (As we all know, hair dye has a tendency to take up a lot of room in there, so you can't waste what's left over.) But I usually get my best inspiration looking at craftster.org, or knitty. So, since I am on the computer anywayz, I might as well type up my ideas while I still got 'em. Forgeting a really fab-o idea has got to be the worst disaster ever. Like dreams... two seconds after you wake up, you're like "what the hell?", but a few hours later, you're saying "what the hell did I dream about?"

Am I the only one that thinks about this stuff? Perhaps if everyone dyed their hair upside-down like I did, they could understand better what I am talking about... It's just a thought. Speaking of which, I have been thinking largely of what my next knitting project shall be... perhaps the Stitch N' Bitch Nation Bee-hive hat, or a scarf, or a backpack. Who knows? But I can say this, I need some sex! NO, not that, a Stash Expansion Expedition! My yarn supply is looking rather grim. But the good news is I have some brown yarn (which was too tangled to leave well enough alone) that is in 3 or 4 small balls, so I can try intarsia! Cool, huh? Yeah, I thought so too!

Anyway my darlings, I wish you a new year of great craftyness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey darling!
I am glad you feel inspired to create. I started working on my own site earlier this week but I have just been getting slaughtered at school. This semester is about twice as tough as my last one, and we are expected to do three hours of homework each day for each class. I am not sure how some students can have a job on the side while attending Ringling, and I suppose that is the reason why most students dont.
Anyway, anything made by Mimi is never a big mess. I agree that the end result would be of total fabulousity! Do you really have a "Big Idea Journal?" I'd like to see it one of these days, unless I already have and it goes under a different title. Good ideas are indeed a terrible thing to waste.. In my Visual Process class last semester my teacher told us what process Einstein used to come up with good ideas. After lunch he would come to his office and sit over his big glass desk. He would slouch over it, supporting himself with his arms, and hold metal balls in his hands. As he was about to fall asleep his hands would let go of the metal balls and they would drop on the glass desk and wake him up. And BAM! He came up with a fabulous idea! And died his hair purple.
But on a more serious note, I can't wait to see what you create next. A Bee-hive hat and the backpack sound like fabulous ideas.