1.13.2006

In, Around, Out, Off

I missed my bus this morning, and seeing as how i had an awful day yesterday, I was rather scattered this morning. In my mind, I thought I would be fully capable of entertaining myself throughout the day with my little green piece of knitting. WRONG! No, I finished the darn thing during my first period class, and have since been rather figity all day. The bus ride home is going to be miserable, I'm sure.
But the good news is (no, I didn't get insurance) I have my Ipod to keep me sort of in my own world, and my notebook to keep my hands busy. I really wish I had my knitting though, because it doesn't require thought-- which, as we have established, I have no room for.

On Craftster.org, a member posted a beautiful ribbon dress that she had knitted, and it intrigues me. I could easily knit it flat, or if I'm up for a challenge, can knit it on the round. (I have never attempeted this) I don't know where I could possibly buy 300 meters of ribbon on the cheap, but I'm sure that if it's fate, a thrift shop I happen into will have it. The purple purse I finished last week still needs to be lined, given a handle, and clasped somehow. But because I am in the mood, I might just line it with some lime green cotton! Now that would be fantastic!

How does one go about knowing if a tattoo is the right thing to do in that point of their life? I am becoming more serious about getting a blue ribbon tattooed on my upper butt cheek. I think the word "survivor" is appropriate, but cheesy. Then on the sides, I'd like to have some simple flowers, maybe blue bonnets... but all-in-all, I would rather not have it any bigger than 3"x1.5" I don't want it to be that big, even. I think small and sweet is best for me. Tattooing is addictive, though, and I fear that could become a reality for me...

Just a few things to ponder about as I work my ass off this weekend...

No comments: