12.05.2007

Falling in Love Everyday

I don't know the exact moment I fell in love with Stefan. I think it happened gradually, going from supreme lust to infatuation, to love. He sparked my intrest to be sure; I saw those cute art-boy glasses and WHAM! I just couldn't help myself. I knew I had to have his lips against mine, or else.

The funny thing is, I never expected it to last this long--at least not in the beginning. I thought, we'll go on a couple of dates, we will have a good time...and that'll be it. Six months, tops. But alas, six months turned into a year, and a year turned to two, and now we have celebrated our three year dating anniversary. That's quite an achievement for two people that met in high school, where most relationships last no more than a month or two. It hasn't been all chocolate hearts and red roses. We've laughed together, cried together, and disagreed intently. But we have had the blessing of very open and honest communication; we can tell each other anything, and it's ok. Our relationship is not perfect...no one's is...but I think it has been our trust in one another that has caused many a disagreement to avoid the jump into argument.

We have been talking about marriage for a while. It began in intimate moments; a random, "marry me!" exclamation, then more serious talk ensued. The plan has been that we'd move in together, then a few months in, Stefan would propose, then we'd marry. In a lot of ways, we are already married. Or rather, our souls are. If there is such a thing as "soulmates", this is what it looks like. When we are together, everything is so natural and easy. And I am not a particularly easy person to live with. I have my moments where I am difficult, unreasonable, and a down right pain-in-the-ass. But miraculously, Stefan has succeeded in talking me down from the brink of madness many, many times. I have become a much better individual because he has been in my life. And for that I think I could not be who I am without him.

The reason I write this, is to say that even loonies like me can find someone that is meant for them. Never settle for less than the best. You deserve the best, both men and women, in your life. If I can find someone that I know I can spend my life with without fear or doubt, than I truly believe that anyone can. You have to take care of yourself first. Then love like your hair's on fire!

Love and Romance,
Mimi

No comments: