1.26.2007

Right now I am eating hard boiled eggs and looking at titanium wedding bands. I am relieved because Stefan and I are pretty close in what our ideas are for a perfect wedding. The other night we were talking about weddings and marriage and whatnot. I showed him the wedding band I liked. Nice and simple. Titanium. I think the two (his and hers) together are $175. Simple and cheap= happy Mimi.

My great-grandmother (I call her Mammaw) and my great-grandfather (Pappaw) got married when they were teenagers. They lived together in a mud-hut on the side of a hill in west Texas and grew watermelons. Mammaw would have to kill snakies that fell through her ceiling. But they loved each other, and were married until Pappaw died 70 or so years later. So that's how I figured I would know who to marry. The man that I could be happy living in a mud hut with. Stefan is that for me. If he hadn't a cent to his name, I'd still marry him. That's why I talk about marriage and weddings and all of that.

My idea of a perfect wedding would be for us to just get hitched down at city hall with my family and his family in attendance. I don't think I'd even bother with a bridesmaid. I would buy my dress on super clearance, or make it myself. Stefan already has a tux. It would be really short and sweet, and no one would have to inhale a bunch of beach-wedding sand, or die of heat, or feel like they had to be dressed to the nines. Nope. Just a nice afternoon wedding. And then we'd go get some dinner. Maybe at Da Ru Ma's or something of that nature. We'd all stuff ourselves, then that'd be it. Stefan and I would start our honeymoon. We like the idea of a Carribean criuse or something like that.

So anyhoo. I am now crushing the eggshells, and looking at cupcakes.

To Stefan- I know you'll ask me someday. I am being a very good little bunny waiting for you. I love you so much. When we do get married, I'll be the happiest person ever. But I am still happy just waiting.

No comments: