7.03.2006

Oh Goodness Gracious!

How long has it been since my last post? So much has happened since then. I graduated from High School, I am now working in the Pharmacy at Target, and Stefan and I took a trip to Busch Gardens. Not to mention all the other stuff I have('nt) been up to lately.
Mainly I've been brainstorming this summer. I really wish I could be more productive, but I haven't yet found the ideal project to throw myself into. One particular idea I've had for years is this:
This stupid county needs a cool hangout besides Star(take all my)bucks. What it really needs is a hip Tea Room. It could be called, "Mademe Mimi's", where coffee is poison and only true divas drink tea. When you walk in, there would be a very cool loungy/buddah/hippy feeling, with dark blue ceiling covered in gold stars, and a swirly sandy colored floor. There would be several semi-private booths where you could get private palmistry readings, or tarot. Each booth could be differnt, like one's a pirate theme, another a bookworm theme, another a hippy-phychadelic theme,and so on. The booths could be upholstered, and have really neato tables that coinside with their theme. For example, in the bookworm booth, the table could be decopaged with old newspapers or book pages. For special occasions, like birthdays, bridal/baby showers, or bachellorette parties, a belly dancer and mehndi artist could come for a few hours. Book Club, knitting groups, and corperate meetings could be held there. If you did it right, you could do little pastries in the evening, and little tea sandwiches at lunch. On all the tables, there would be a schedule of what's coming in the month, so customers would know when live music would be there, or poetry slams, or bellydancers. Different types of music could be played, and have a "Mademe Mimi's Wink of Approval" drink each week or so, that would have a new flavor that isn't immediately thought of when you think of tea. It could be really neat. Maybe I should take a buisness course in the near future...Speaking of which, I myself would be a big draw too. I could have pink hair in a buisness like that, and wear hippy-dippy rags and funky jewelry and such. I would be just as big a draw as the rest of the Tea Room. My employees would be encouraged to color their hair as they wish, and decorate their aprons as they like. I would hire young guys and girls who have fresh personality and unique look. I think cute guys like Stefan would be really fun to have as part of my team. Of course they would have to wear closed-toed shoes, but I would tell them that I don't care what color they are. The only "uniform-ey" thing would be an apron that has whatever they want to put on it. So, what do ya think? Would YOU want to hang there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really great and cute idea, and something that would probably do pretty well at a place like the International Plaza in Tampa, right next to that Gallery Eclectic Bistro restaurant ;). I don't know if something that unique would be appreciated by the residents of Sarasota, though I do think it's attracting more and more younger people. You'd probably get all the Ringling kids here!

I wouldn't lose all hope. With the right attitude and a lot of work it may be a reality one day. I'd love to see it so.

I am glad that you updated your blog as well. It's been a while since you have last posted.

Love you